St Mellons Hub
The Council’s Hubs Programme aims to improve and extend citizen services through investing in Community Hubs in priority neighbourhood areas. Hubs bring together community services into single local delivery points, sharing resources and delivering services in a way which is responsive to the needs of individual communities.
The existing St Mellons Library was extended and two new training and interview rooms were created under a Phase 1 scheme. The first phase was completed in late 2015 and the Hub now offers a range of advice, information and community services.
When will Phase 2 be completed?
ISG Limited was appointed as the Principal Contractor; construction started on site May 2017 and is expected to be completed within 12 months
What will Phase 2 bring for local residents?
The Phase 2 extension will bring together a variety of services such as; the Hubs Team, Youth Services; Flying Start, Adult Education, Leisure and Parks and partner organisations.
The ‘state of the art’ building will include:
• Library with a children’s area and public access PC’s
• Free WiFi and internet access
• Council advice hub, including housing and benefit services
• Free to use telephones for direct contact with other Council and partner services
• IT Training Suite
• Into Work and Training Advice
• Multi-use rooms suitable for social and community events
• Private meeting rooms
• Flying Start childcare facilities
• Youth Den
• Outdoor Multi-Use Games Area
• Community Hall suitable for indoor sports and large community events
• Music Studio
• Sports Changing rooms
• Community Café
• Generous parking.
Who do I contact for further information?
For further information, please contact Chris Probert, Neighbourhood Regeneration Cardiff Council. Tel: 02920537476 or email cprobert@cardiff .gov.uk