Grand Avenue Day Centre
Work is underway on the extensive refurbishments of the Grand Avenue Day Centre in Ely. The building has been designed as a specialist dementia centre, in partnership with Cardiff & Vale University Health Board to provide improved support to individuals and their carers. The staff has been involved in the design process and their input has proved invaluable in the shaping of the interior design to ensure the environment is dementia friendly.
The works at Grand Avenue Day Centre include:
• A new entrance lobby with improved access
• Refurbishment of bathroom to provide wet room with bath, shower & WC
• Improved disabled toilets
• A lift to enable the basement rooms to be used as an integral part of the centre ie. new activity rooms
• Internal decoration to provide a dementia friendly environment
• New furniture
• External improvements to the rear garden to provide an accessible external environment
• Improvements to the front elevation including new signage
Vinci Construction UK has been appointed as principal contractor for the project and the works are due to be completed in the Spring 2018.