Hendre Country Park
The scheme, which involved construction of a new footpath link between Cemaes Park and Hendre Park was implemented under the Council’s Neighbourhood Renewal Scheme programme, in conjunction with the Parks Service. The route largely follows informal desire-lines across open land and enables walkers to explore the outdoors, whatever the weather. Within the scheme, a circular ‘habitat walk’ was also created on public open space at Harrison Drive.
The scheme included the following:
· Upgrading the existing footpaths within Cemaes Park
· New footpath links from Cemaes Park through to Hendre Park, linking to Hendre Road and a
circular ‘habitat walk’ at Harrison Drive
· New kissing gates installed to restrict motorcycle access.
· Two new bridges to cross the drainage reens, and the refurbishment of an existing bridge
· Improvements to the entrance to Hendre Park car park, to provide safe pedestrian access
The scheme was completed in September 2018.