Trenchard Drive in Llanishen has benefited from environmental regeneration as part of the estate regeneration strategy.
During consultation local residents raised concerns about:
• Poor quality roads in the estate.
• Pedestrian links within the estate were poor and missing, including dropped kerbs to assist people with pushchairs or mobility difficulties.
• Speeding cars in the estate.
• Parking pressures around the Iorwerth Jones Centre.
• Poor quality courtyards for the flats including drying facilities and bin stores.
The following key areas were improved:
• Purpose built bin stores;
• Drying facilities;
• New front boundary walls and railings and rear timber fencing.
• Enhanced parking area in Hannah Close with new street lighting and seating;
• Resurfacing of roads, new street lights and new speed humps;
• New pedestrian routes through the estate;
• New parking spaces along Trenchard Drive;
What happens next?
We will be sending out ‘Feedback Surveys’ to all residents within the scheme in the near future. This will tell us where we were successful and whether there was anything we could have done better.