Fairwater Day Centre
Fairwater Day Centre on Plasmawr Road, Fairwater was the last of three day centres across Cardiff to benefit from refurbishment works to provide a high quality environment for those with high care and support needs and a low/stable level of dementia.
The works included:
• Refurbishment of main hall to provide a dining hall and lounge area
• Provision of new fully accessible wet room
• Provision of new disabled toilets
• Provision of a new TV room
• Provision of a memory corner
• Courtyard improvements
• Roof repair works
• External improvements and signage
• Security fencing to side of building
The improvement work, funded by the Council and Welsh Government, enabled the delivery of different models of care within the building, and includes an enhanced dementia-friendly environment.