Llanishen Park Improvement Project
Cardiff Council are proposing to make improvements to Llanishen Park as part of the Neighbourhood Renewal Scheme Programme, which takes forward improvement schemes suggested by local Councillors. The aim of the project is to encourage greater use of the park to improve the health and well-being of the local community.
During the public consultation last summer many excellent suggestions for improvements were received and we were able to secure additional funding from Welsh Government to support the proposals.
The following improvements will be implemented:
• Footpath upgrades – Increase the width of the main paths and re-surface. Plus necessary drainage works.
• Playground Improvements – installation of new play equipment and necessary drainage works.
• New benches and bins
• Outdoor gym trail equipment
• Nature trail through the woodland area and an outdoor classroom.
• Improvements to all entrance gates including new signage and artwork.
• Provision of security measures around the changing rooms to tackle on-going issues of anti-social behaviour.
What’s Happening Now?
The plans can be viewed by clicking the images to the right.
Calibre Contracting Ltd have been appointed as Principal Contractor to carry out Phase 1 of the works on behalf of the Council which will commence on the 22nd March and take approximately 10 weeks to complete. Due to the extensive re-surfacing and associated drainage works that are being undertaken the park will be closed to public access completely for 4-6 weeks. This is a health and safety measure that is essential for the works to be carried out. After this time, sections of the park will re-open while the remaining works are undertaken.