Minehead Road Day Centre
The first day centre to benefit from refurbishment works, completed in June 2017, was Minehead Road Day Centre in Llanrumney.
The focus was to provide a high quality environment for those with high care and support needs and a low/stable level of dementia or functional mental illness.
The works included:
• Refurbishment of main hall including the provision of new furniture
• Upgrading of heating system
• Provision of new fully accessible wet room
• Provision of new disabled toilets
• Redecoration of activity rooms
• External improvements and signage
• Security fencing to side of building to support outdoor activities
• Provision of outdoor furniture
Funded by the Council and a Welsh Government grant, the work has enabled the delivery of different models of care within the building, and will include an enhanced dementia-friendly environment.
A feedback exercise was carried out with staff and service users following the completion of the scheme and many ideas and suggestions were fed into the design for Grand Avenue Day Centre.
For any day to day queries, please contact MineheadroadDayCentre@cardiff.gov.uk