Parc Coed Y Nant
Parc Coed Y Nant is located within the electoral ward of Pentwyn and provides a large area of green open space separating the Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn communities.
Located within the park is a large area of woodland, a lake, children’s play areas, and extensive green open space. Bordering the park is Pentwyn Leisure Centre.
There are several pathways which provide access to the park and beyond, yet the access point which is deemed most in need of improving is the main pathway leading from Circle Way East to the Pentwyn Leisure Centre on Bryn Celyn Road in Llanedeyrn.
This pathway in its current layout has been raised as a concern by local ward members who have highlighted issues with community safety, crime and lack of environmental quality.
The City of Cardiff Council is proposing to improve this well-used pathway through Parc Coed Y Nant as part of The City of Cardiff Council’s Neighbourhood Renewal Scheme programme. The proposed improvements include:
- Installation of street lighting to light the pathway
- Creation of rest points along the lane with natural seating and wildflower meadow
- Cutback of overgrown bushes and trees to enhance natural lighting
- Poor lighting -currently there is no form of artificial lighting along the pathway
- The topography of the pathway is steep and even though the surfacing is adequate there are no resting points for disabled users and children in pushchairs
- Overgrown vegetation and trees from the woodland area add to the deficiency in natural light and make the lane appear unsafe and closed off from the surrounding area
We are pleased to inform you know that the majority of the works included as part of the Parc Coed Y Nant improvement scheme are now complete. The lighting columns have been installed and the rest areas created. The only works outstanding is a tidy up of the overgrown bushes which will be carried out shortly.
In the next few weeks officers will be undertaking feedback surveys to evaluate your thoughts on the improvements – please come and say hello if you see us with our clipboards.