Tudor Lane - Environmental Improvements
The Council has an opportunity to progress some environmental improvements to Tudor Lane to support the local businesses and help to promote it as a vibrant extension to the Tudor Street Shopping Area.
A number of the improvements have already been carried out and the lane is already looking brighter and more welcoming to visitors. The improvements include:
• A new mural on the side and rear walls of the former Cardiff Bus Transport Club
• Artwork on the rear wall of Litchfield Court
• Lighting columns banners
• Signage at the three entrances to the lane
• One way system from eastern section of the lane from Tudor Street (entrance nearest to Wood Street bridge) to the exit onto Clare Road
• Artwork for the wall adjacent to FWCS workshop
• New business sign on the side elevation of Litchfield Court
Tudor Lane Property Enhancement Scheme
Additional funding has been secured from Welsh Government, in partnership with Cardiff Council, to deliver a building improvement grant scheme for commercial premises in Tudor Lane. This scheme forms part of a wider action plan for regeneration in the business areas of South Riverside.
The scheme will provide financial assistance to physically improve properties by offering a grant for internal and external improvements. The intention of the scheme is to enhance building frontages and bring vacant/unsuitable commercial floorspace back into beneficial use. The successful applicant will be responsible for obtaining the necessary statutory consents (planning permission and building control approval) and obtaining quotes prior to carrying out the work. Full support and assistance will be given to property owners to ensure the process is simple and successful.
What type of work can be carried out under the scheme?
External works to front elevations of buildings including:
• Rainwater goods (guttering and downpipes)
• New windows
• Rendering, brickwork repairs/repointing and stone cleaning and painting
Internal works including:
• Internal decoration
• Partition walls
• Internal staircases to improve access to upper floors and roof terrace
• Lighting (and associated electrical works)
• Utilities and services, including heating
• Welfare facilities (eg essential washroom and cleansing facilities only)
For further information please contact Nicky Scott on 07790 333958 or email email@example.com.