The works include:
• A new front entrance and entrance lobby
• An extension to accommodate a new multi-use community room
• New and improved reception facilities
• Dementia friendly internal redecoration throughout the public space, including new library shelving and seating areas
• Provision of accessible public toilets
• Improved IT facilities and Wi-Fi coverage
What’s Happening Now?
Cardiff Council has created a new Community Hub to serve Whitchurch and it’s neighbouring areas. Sympathetic refurbishment, and an extension to provide a multi-use community room, has brought the original Grade II Listed Building up to date – it having housed a library since the early 1900’s when it was provided by the then Parish Council with funding from the Carnegie Trust.
Funding secured from the Welsh Government’s Integrated Care Fund has helped to secure the ongoing sustainability of this valuable facility, with the library service supplemented by free to use public access computers and the ability to deliver a range of advice and support services offered by the Council and its partner agencies.